Squirrely Weather


Yep, even native Montanans are saying this has not been a typical winter.  I am taking it all personally, myself.  North Carolina has been hit hard this winter.  I have snow up to my knees almost as I drag out trash to the trash can in the alley.  Right now there is about an 18 inch 'pile' of snow on top of my patio table.  And the bad part about it is that I know part of the snow evaporated and settled over the past week, so there really has been more.

Anyway, I shoveled a path out to the end of the patio so that I could put out some seed for the birds.  And the squirrels.  Stumpy, the squirrel pictured here, took advantage of the sunflower seed I had scattered on the bench.


Normally, I sigh and complain about the 'stupid squirrels', but how can you begrudge a little snow covered animal, with snow caked on his elbows. 

Plus, I think his 'nuts' are frozen too!

Comments

Popular Posts